NZLF's 2018 Distinguished Visiting Fellow - International Humanitarian Law expert Professor Tim McCormack from University of Tasmania
PROFESSOR TIM MCCORMACK is visiting New Zealand during July and August as the New Zealand Law Foundation’s 2018 Distinguished Visiting Fellow. While in New Zealand he will be hosted by the Faculty of Law at the University of Canterbury and tour all law schools giving staff seminars and public lectures.
Professor McCormack is Dean of the Law School at the University of Tasmania and a Professorial Fellow at the Melbourne Law School. He is also the Special Adviser on International Humanitarian Law to the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court in The Hague and a Director of World Vision Australia.
He has held a number of significant appointments including:
Topics for Professor McCormack’s public lectures and staff seminars while in New Zealand:
Dates and details for Professor McCormack’s public lectures:
– University of Waikato: Thurs 12th July, 6pm, Gallagher Academy of Performing Arts, University of Waikato.
– University of Auckland / AUT: Tues 17th July, 6pm, Room 3.16, Stone Lecture Theatre, University of Auckland Law School.
– Victoria University of Wellington: Thurs 26th July, 6pm, Lecture Theatre 1, Old Government Buildings, 55 Lambton Quay, VUW Law School, Wellington.
– University of Canterbury: Thurs 2nd Aug 6pm, Lecture Theatre 108, Ground Floor, Meremere Building, UC.
– University of Otago:Tues 7th Aug 5.30pm, Moot Court, Richardson Building, University of Otago Law School.
Each year the Law Foundation provides up to $40,000 towards the visit of the NZLF’s Distinguished Visiting Fellow